Regina Rollins – Homestead
Email: Contact Regina
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION REDUCTION
IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
If you missed the 2016 deadline, you may still claim the credit for the missed tax year, but must wait until the 2017 application period to apply. Simply file a late application during next years sign up period.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE 2017 APPLICATION PERIOD
JANUARY 2, 2017 THROUGH JUNE 5, 2017
To qualify for the 2017 (pay 2018) tax year, an applicant must:
- Own and occupy the residence as of January 1, 2017,
- Turn 65 years of age, or older, by December 31, 2017, OR
- Be totally and permanently disabled as certified by a physician as of January 1, 2017, OR
- Be the surviving spouse of a person who was receiving the homestead exemption at the time of death and where the surviving spouse was 59–64 years of age on the date of death,
- Have an income (for both the applicant and applicant’s spouse) that does not exceed the amount set by law, which is adjusted annually for inflation. “Total income” is defined as the adjusted gross income for Ohio income tax purposes. The limit for the 2016 application period was $31,500.
- Qualify for the Newly Expanded Homestead Exemption for 100% Disabled Veterans & Surviving Spouses-for veterans with 100 percent, service-connected disabilities and qualifying spouses.
PLEASE CONTACT THE COUNTY AUDITOR’S HOMESTEAD DIVISION