Regina Rollins – Homestead
Phone: (937) 521-1862
Email: Contact Regina
Sign-up period is:
Real Property – Between January 1 – December 31
Mobile Homes – Between First the Monday in January & on or before the First Monday in June
Per Ohio Am. Sub. H.B. 166 the new Homestead Application Period has now been extended for real property from the first Monday in June to December 31.
- The Homestead Program is designed to provide tax credit to citizens who are at least 65 years of age or turning 65 in the year in which they apply or permanently and totally disabled. To qualify for the program, a homeowner must:
- Own and occupy the home as their primary place of residence as of January 1 in the year in which they apply; AND
- Applicants must have an Adjusted Gross Income (line 3 of the Ohio Income Tax Return) of $31,500 or less if filing for the 2016 tax year and for late filers for the 2015 tax year the OHIO AGI is $31,500 or less and meet one of the requirements below:
- Turning 65 years of age by December 31 of the year of the application, or over 65; or
- Be permanently and totally disabled as of January 1 of the year of application*NOTE* must include appropriate paperwork. or;
- Be the surviving spouse of a person who was receiving the Homestead Exemption at the time of death and the surviving spouse must be at least 59 years old on the date of death of their spouse.
Qualify for the Newly Expanded Homestead Exemption for 100% Disabled Veterans & Surviving Spouses for veterans with 100 percent, service-connected disabilities and qualifying spouses. See application for details.
Form 1 – DTE 105A – Homestead Exemption Application for Senior Citizens, Disabled Person and Surviving Spouses -For anyone who is eligible to apply for the first time in 2015 and/or was eligible in 2014 but missed the deadline.
Form 2 – DTE 105G – Transferring Homestead – For anyone who was on the Homestead prior to 2015 and has moved to a new residence. You must have owned and occupied your new home prior to January 1, 2016. Anyone moving during 2016 must wait until after January 1, 2017 to apply for a transfer.
Form VET - DTE 105I– Newly Expanded Homestead Exemption for 100% Disabled Veterans & Surviving Spouses-for veterans with 100 percent, service-connected disabilities and qualifying spouses. Please see application for details of qualifications.
Form 3 – 105E – Certificate of Disability for the Homestead Exemption - To be completed in lieu of acceptable State or Federal Disability and is to accompany Form 1 DTE 105A if no State or Federal Disability is available.
PLEASE CONTACT THE COUNTY AUDITOR’S HOMESTEAD DIVISION