Regina Rollins – Homestead
Email: Contact Regina
Due to changes in state law those individuals first qualifying for the Homestead program in 2014 will now be subject to an income means test. In order to qualify a new applicant in 2014 must have an Ohio Adjusted Gross Income (line 3 of the Ohio Income Tax Return) of less than $30,500 including the applicant’s spouse if applicable. Generally speaking the Ohio Adjusted Gross Income includes only earned income, retirement income such as social security in excluded. This new requirement does not apply to individuals who qualified for the homestead program prior to 2014.
The Homestead Program is designed to provide tax credit to citizens who are at least 65 years of age or permanently and totally disabled. To qualify for the program, a homeowner must:
- Own and occupy the home as their primary place of residence as of January 1 of the year of the application; AND
- If qualifying for the first time in 2014 must have an Adjusted Gross Income (line 3 of the Ohio Income Tax Return) of $30,500 or less. This requirement does not apply if the property owner qualified for the homestead exemption programs anywhere in the State of Ohio prior to 2014; and meet one of the requirements below:
- Turn 65 years of age, or older, by December 31 of the year of the application; or
- Be permanently and totally disabled as of January 1 of the year of application*NOTE* must include appropriate paperwork. or;
- Be the surviving spouse of a person who was receiving the Homestead Exemption at the time of death and where the surviving spouse was at least 59 years old on the date of death.
Applications must be filed by the first Monday in June. Please return to the Clark County Auditor’s Office at:
Clark County Auditor PO Box 1325 Springfield, OH 45501-1325
Applications & Information
Please read carefully and choose the appropriate form. There are 3 forms to choose from plus the disability form if needed:
Form 1 – For anyone who is turning 65 in 2014 or anyone who is eligible to sign up for the homestead program for the first time in 2014
Form 2 – For anyone who was eligible to sign up for the Homestead program in 2013 but missed last year’s deadline.
Form 3 – For anyone who was already on the Homestead program but moved in 2013.
Disability Form - For anyone to complete in lieu of acceptable State or Federal Disability paperwork